The Tent

When discussing my current situation with a loved one, she told me the story and I'd love to share.

There was once a man who survived a terrible boat crash. He swam to the closest island. He thanked the Lord for his survival, but noticed there was no one on this island. Not only was there no one, but there was no shelter at all.

At that moment, the Lord gave him directions to build a tent. He worked day in and day out, listening to God's instructions and building this tent. There were blood, sweat, and tears along this journey.

Then a terrible terrible thunderstorm happened. The man sat safe and comfy in his shelter. Again, he thanked the Lord for bringing him shelter in the midst of a storm. 

He was so grateful, until lightning bolts hit his tent. He ran out of the shelter just as it went ablaze. On his knees he cried and cried and asked the Lord, "why? why would you have me build this tent and go through the storm just for it to catch fire?" 

As he cried on his knees, he all of a sudden heard a voice coming from the water. It was a great big ship and the men were yelling, "excuse me...excuse me is there anyone there? we see fire!" 

At this point of my dilemma my tent is on fire. I cannot wait for my big ship to arrive. Until then, I lay in the sand, face towards the sky enjoying the moment of sweet peaceful solitude. Because although I do want to be rescued and for my ship to arrive, I know in those coming days I will yearn for the moments when I sat on my island comforted by the warmth of the fire. 



Popular Posts