Stop, going to the club and take a run.


Right now there are so many articles about single women, esp. single Black women.

For example (click to read article):
--The Slim Thug Controversy
--The New York Times Article: Black Women See Fewer Black Men at the Altar
--The Fresh Express Article: You Can’t Find A Good Black Man If You’re Not A Good Black Woman
And numerous more...

Check my archives, I've written my fair share of them as well.

However I think I figured out a way to eliminate all competition from other women!
While taking my Saturday morning run (about 2.5 months ago) I realized that there are a LOT OF MEN of all different races working out in the mornings.

HEAR me out! I know there are some people already like, "here Shelby goes being ridiculous!" And yes this is self-research without any results, BUT I have to share this.

The other Saturday, I was running in the park when I made a really random observation - there were so many men of ALL different racial backgrounds at the park. They were walking their dogs, running, simply walking, waiting on a client (personal trainers) or doing cardio. I got so many "smiles" and a few hellos...I was the hottest thing going, BUT not because I am cute, I am not cute AT ALL when I work out (trust me). I was getting so much attention because I was the ONLY woman of color in the park without a workout buddy.

Instead of writing about my observation immediately, I decided to continue my study. I ran around my east coast neighborhood, leaving the park, and guess what the same thing happened! I even asked one of my girls to run around her neighborhood in the Midwest and she agreed that she found the same thing - she was by herself and the men swarmed to her like bees to honey.

My conclusion is: When I step in a lounge, club, bar, restaurant, church, etc. there are usually a ton of women there. Beautiful women of all different sizes, races, styles, flavors, etc. and many of them have one thing in mind (whether in front or back of mind) to get the attention of the flyest dude in there; however when running by myself (in the morning) it's simply me. With single people on the rise and competition getting fierce, your odds of getting in front of your ideal partner may increase if you go on a walk/run outside by yourself than to go to the club. That's it and don't forget he will find you, but let's just eliminate the distraction.

Again, this is a random self-researched study, but I found enough evidence to share. Take it, leave it or share your experience, thoughts, or just say "HEY"

Shelby S.

Popular Posts