Diary Entry: He Lied because most boys do.

Monday, August 24, 2009
Reliving adolescence...(and it ain't pretty)

I saw a girl crying outside of the train today. She was a very pretty teenage girl. She was a darker Hispanic girl with long black hair that was half up in a ponytail and half down. Although her bangs were completely straight and swept to the side, her hair was curly in the back. She was very trendy, bright outfit, skinny jeans and LIVE colorful tennis shoes. Her nails were acrylic with some colorful design and she had rings on every single finger...one name plate ring that said, "Mary". She was on her sidekick:

"I can't believe he lied - I never did that to him - yuck."
"I swear it."
"Why would he lie on me?" her cries got a little louder, "but why?"
"Okay," she muttered as she slowly pulled herself together to walk on the train.

She happen to stand next me on the podium and every once in a while I would glance her way, but she was staring at the tracks! I wanted to tell her:

"He lied because most boys do," but I couldn't. I couldn't jump in and tell her this, because then I would seem like the nosey woman or worst off- I would have to share my story ... the story of me finding out in ninth grade that a boy that I really liked lied on me:

"He WHAT? HE SAID THAT I DID WHAT? Put my mouth where? Oh my gosh? And then let him do what from the back? Oh no? And then he what? Where? Oh my goodness!"

I ran straight into my (then) best friend's arms, hoping that she could shield me from the public humiliation - I was so ashamed and depressed. I wanted to yell to the world, "I WASN'T EVEN AT THAT STUPID GAME (the place in which he said everything happened)"

That night, I remained in my depressed stupor and as I sat in my room after dinner, I got a knock:

"Honey, what's going on with you?" it was my dad, the man that I loved the most in this world.

"Nothing,
" I said but started to cry, I was so ashamed - this man had told me about boys and their stupidity. Here he was, the person that I respected the most in the entire world looking into my pitiful face- I let him down. I shamed our family name and I didn't even do anything.

"Come on, sweetie, we can talk about anything," and he was right, up until this moment I told my dad everything : school drama, my crush issues, my overall hate for teachers, but not this...

"John Doe, said that we did it and we didn't" I couldn't hold it...and looking at his face I could tell my dad was mad but not with me so I continued, "I just don't know why he would say that? why he would lie?"

My dad launched into a lecture on the brains of boys and how he knew there was something up with the kid...we talked all night over ice-cream...many of the things I can't remember but I do remember his first sentence:


"Sweetie, he lied because most boys do"







Popular Posts