God, I love being BLACK!

How do I get myself into these predicaments? It's way too late, I have work in the morning and I am trying to cut back my coffee intake! Wait! I know how I get here because I am incredibly inspired and when I am in this place I literally have to write or else I can't move...seriously, I cannot continue doing the task in front of me until the thoughts in my head are written down. But I am going to make this incredibly short and brief. I am sure that my close ones are tired of hearing me say this, because this is a proclamation that I make quite frequently, but I LOVE BEING BLACK! Like, I literally love it. It's so bad that almost every day I get a quick happy feeling when I think about the fact that I'm black. Like, shoot I am having a terrible day...but you know what...let me look on the bright side of things... my i.pod is broken but at least I'm black.

The things that make me most excited about being black is the fact that I love our -
http://www.oilpaintingsframes.com/images/100_1478-copy.jpg
HISTORY
Skin complexions
SWAG
Fashion sense (bring me flash)
DIVERSITY (yes, not all black people are the same!)
Intelligence
LOYALTY (shot out to black women)
Attitude (you can get "checked" in one glance)
SAYINGS (can you finish this...God is good all the time...and...)
Sense of humor (with a hand clap on the side)
PRESENCE (when we walk in the room...we walk in the room)
Love (we love hard)
CURVES


I can keep going but I am going to stop. It's funny because I have been wanting to write this blog post for so long but it took me seeing the new ESSENCE "Why I love being a black woman" (y'all know I bought it on spot...cause that's what I'm talking about), hanging out with my girls post-church (we kicked it so hard and had so much fun), and watching the BET awards to push me to put fingers to keyboard! YES, THE BET AWARDS WERE TO DIE FOR! Forget the negativity you'll read in the morning...the awards were fantastic. When Chris Brown cried...I choked up (look at that man in the mirror), when Diddy said, "turn down them lights and rock with me" Mike and I turned'em off and rocked with them (do you hear me? HELLO...GOOD MORNIN'), and when Tyrese started singing...(let's leave it there...give me a clean heart, Lord)

All in all, I guess it's like regardless of how many articles I read about single black women and all of our issues or the degradation and/or neglect of black people (esp. black women) by the media and the general public...I simply LOVE BEING BLACK! Give me all the ridiculousness that comes along with being black...God always knows what He is doing, because I can't thank Him enough for blessing me to be in such an AMAZINGLY ENDURING and INSPIRING group of people! And the church says...(finish it, saints)...

Popular Posts