Yes, I am 26 and have been married for three years...and NO we are not having babies soon!




I literally engage in the craziest conversations ever! And there are no limits for me... I will bring my opinion, hundreds of questions, and plenty of ridiculousness in any conversation that I have. So, it's no wonder that through these conversations, people start to feel extremely comfortable with talking and asking me whatever they want to, which leads me to THE TOP TWO QUESTIONS/COMMENTS I GET:


"Oh my goodness, you are married. You are so young. Did you just get married?" (After hearing my answer) Girl, I couldn't do it...or just the shake of the head! But you are sooo young.

OR

"Shelby, isn't it time for you and Mike to start having some babies?"


So, here is the answer:

Nothing makes me happier than waking up to one of my best friends and my soul mate every single day. I literally love MY LIFE . As Drake says, "I’m looking forward to the memories of right now". When Mike and I were separate this year - I WAS MISERABLE! The truth is, Mike and I pray together, we party together, and he allows me to be 100% Shelby and I allow him to be 100% Mike. We give one another space... he goes out with his boys and I go out with my girls... no questions. We understand that we are both in our mid-20s trying to figure out what God has for our lives together and separately. All this said, NO I WOULD NOT BE ready for a marriage that was forged by other people's rules and roles, but I am in love with my carefree 20 something year old union.

I think of having children constantly...I have my names picked out for goodness sakes. But here is the deal:

Mike is in grad school. And, Mike and I are still stuck in the mid-20s "freedom" phase of life... you know it's summer time - every day is a good day! Mike and I still like to go out and party with friends and family (literally) all night, I love random dates (that involve food), weekends are a time of ridiculousness, "you want to meet after work or this weekend and go where? SURE, WHY NOT," comes out of our mouths way too often, and we have a "need to grind it out and follow our professional dreams" mindset (which means not too much dinero at the time being). HECK, Saturday mornings are still a time of renewal, silence, reading, and brunch...

I guess what I am trying to say is that if I got pregnant tomorrow, I would be happy! Heck, ecstatic - I am excited about that phase of life, and I believe that my children are worth making life sacrifices for; however as of right now I am not planning on it and would be really happy spending the next two years living la vida loca.

Popular Posts