I almost became a mother today...


Long story short, I was bike riding. Enjoying the park. I see a little girl sitting on the ground - screaming and crying. I scan the scene and study the child. She looks like she is mixed between black and white. She is wearing a adorable pink hat with silver sparkles. She has on pink shorts and a pink and white "tie-dye" shirt. There is a picnic happening on her left and a group of guys hanging out on her right. A few bike riders have gone past her and have stared but do nothing. This is the reaction of everyone around her - they either ignore her or just stare. I, immediately, roll up to the precious little girl. Hop of my bike and scoop her into my arms. She stops crying immediately. I ask her to point to her mommy. She just stares at me while she wipes her little eyes. I go to call Mike (yes, I forgot about calling the cops). Pretty soon others begin to wonder what's going on. Really?!? You stood there watching this little girl ball her eyes out and now you want to ask what's happening? Her father calls out. He has been watching her the whole time. "She never listens, so let her sit there and cry!" No sir, I will not. I walk her to her guardian. She just stares up at me and my bike the whole time we walk. I ask her if she is okay and she answers with a simple, "yes." We finally reach her guardian. He reaches out his hand and she immediately grabs it. They walk off.  All I could think about as I rode off throughout the night is that I was prepared to take her. I would be a good mother. Maybe motherhood isn't too far off or outrageous.... maybe.

Popular Posts