Little Bee

I'm literally haunted. I'm trying to push through the visual of brutality that I "witnessed" in "Little Bee." Part of me wants to fool myself in believing that it's lies...it's simply fiction but I know that there's an abundance of human suffering similiar to this. Every muscle in my body is tense. I literally cannot mentally get over such an intense graphic moment and I am sure there are many more within this book.

I would love to give more details, but the beauty of this book (that I am sure is going to be made into a Grammy-nominated movie) is the mystery. When I picked up the book, I had no idea what I was in store for and even now I am in the dark.Regardless of how little I know about the book, I do know that Little Bee is unforgettable.

All I can say is: "It's the kinda book that will keep you up in the midnight hours..."


To give you an idea - it's most comparable to the "Kite Runner," "All Things Fall Apart," and "Slave."

Popular Posts