Keep Chasin' Pavements...

While in the car with my mother, we were going back and forth on an issue that I was having. I was upset because I completely messed up something that I REALLY wanted to get right. At the moment, I was exhausted because I was going so hard and literally was making no progress with that situation. I felt a mess and just like tired...tired of feeling like I was hitting the wall. My mom was in the midst of telling that I needed to cut my self some slack and that I had to calm down. But then this song came on and all of a sudden my mom reached for the music volume...and instead of turning it down...she turned it up. "I LOVE THIS SONG," she said, rewinding it and turning it up loud...

Thinking she was trying to find an escape from my "woo is me" moment - I responded,
"Yeah, I've heard it before and I like it too, mom."

I never listened to the words, but all of a sudden with it cranked in the car and seeing my mom groove to it. I started beating my head to it, too.

And all of a sudden, we were in the car jammin' together. The song meaning different things to us... 25 years a part ... mother and daughter ... but at that time we were trapped in that moment... we were just two women that were living life. I'm sure other passengers thought we were crazy, heads bobbing, smiling, my eyes closed, every once in a while glancing at the woman I've admired my whole life... sitting next to me doing the same movements just smoother...


Popular Posts