Dream Conversation GONE wrong

So, Mike and I had a tif and I have to get it out there because I am sitting here with wet hair (after a shower), a cup of coffee, and fanatically typing. Here is how the conversation goes (please realize Mike is not a part of the writing in this reenactment and there are two sides of the story...BUT this version is the truth from where I'm sitting... pretty much it's the truth)

We're driving to my place, talking about our future. Keep in mind, Mike and I would love a huge family and based on the fact that we still haven't started having children, we may be in a place where we are having mad children under six years old:

Me: Would you want me to be a stay-at-home mom?

Mike: I would love for you to write books and your blogs and be at home...or some job where you can be at home.

Me: Yeah, I can't imagine being a stay-at-home mother...it would be so hard. I would need an assistant.

Mike: WHAT! You must mean if you were working at home in addition to taking care of the children.

Me: Yeah but also if I were a stay at home mother - to have things the way I would like them. I mean it's really hard... probably impossible to take care of three children under the age of six, keep the house clean and keep myself together. I've never seen it done.

Mike: What! You are trippin' you wouldn't need an assistant to k--

Me: I haven't seen it do--

Mike: Can I speak?

Me: I don't agree with you!

Mike: I haven't even spoken y--

Me: I CAN JUST TELL, I don't agree

(this goes on and on for five min)

Mike: Listen! (I am finally listening and slightly turned on) I think it's very possible to clean a house and take care of your children...

Me: Mike you are carrying one child while the other runs around...when do you have the time to clean? Let alone paint my nails? Do my hair? Go to the gym?

Mike: Shelby, I wouldn't expect a Barbie Doll if you were taking care of the children!

Me: Mike but I would want to keep myself together. Who have you seen keep a spotless house and watch all their children! And keep it together physically? WHO?!?

Mike begins naming women that I don't know and when he saw their clean houses at big events... like that one time was DEFINITELY a constant.

Mike: Let's just say this - I know I would be able to do it! Clean the house when the children are napping. You can't tell me it's that hard to --

Me: I can't believe you think this way...

Then Mike asks my sister would it be hard - she says it would. ONE FOR ME.

Then he asks would it be possible to watch your children and keep your house clean - she said it would be possible. He smirked and left, as I sat there HOT!

Am I crazy for thinking that an assistant is unreasonable? How many women take care of little babies, keep the house clean AND keep themselves together! AUUUUUGGHHH!

Just got an e-mail: What do I mean by assistant? I mean some one that will come over my house for an hour (or two) two to three times a week and help me where ever I need help. Like can you watch the children while they are napping while I run to the grocery store? to the gym? or to a hair appointment? or While I have the children at the park, can you clean my cabinets? Mop the floor? Scrub the bathroom crevices?

Popular Posts