A Good Man

I am a lover of music, but there are very few songs that can give me shivers each and everytime I hear it. India Arie's a "Good Man" is actually one of those songs that I literally cannot listen to without feeling my skin tighten, head pound and heart shutter. What a powerful song.

The lyics to a "Good Man":
I remember the first day I met you we were so young you were a blessing and there was no guessing you were the one Love is so crazy We had a baby and said our vows That's when you told me should anything happen I can hear you now You told me [Chorus:]if the sun comes up and I'm not home be strong If I'm not beside you Do your best to carry on Tell the kids about me when they're old enough to understand tell them that their daddy was a good man First anniversary remember we chose a star And as i stand under itI can't help but wonder if You see it where you are For whatever reason You don't see the seasons Change again Go there with peace of mind We'll meet on the otherside Cause true Love don't end and baby [Chorus]Two eyes looking up at me Pointing to a picture like where is he Mamma are you OK What did the paper say To make you cry that way it said your Daddy lived for you and your daddy died for youand I'll do the same [Chorus]
Listen to the song here:



Popular Posts