Thank you for asking...


I have not disappeared - I just was crazy busy hanging out with my cousin(s)...it was a great weekend more details and ridiculous stories later.

The holiday cocktail party was amazing. Thank you everyone that gave me sweet texts, e-mails, etc. asking about the holiday party and giving me support on my first big "from scratch" event. I really appreciate it and y'all know that I brought y'all back a treat. One of my favorite parts of the cocktail party was the food (of course) and my favorite hors d'oeuvre (and most popular) was the bacon covered dates. Bring this hors d'euvre to your dinner party and it will be the talk of the night:

Ingredients:
4 ounces blanched whole almonds
1 pound Pitted dates
1 1/2 pound sliced bacon -- cut into thirds

Directions:

Press a whole almond into each date. Wrap one piece of bacon around each date and secure with a toothpick. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place dates on foil and bake at 400F oven for 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove to rack or paper towel; drain. Serve warm.


These can be slightly fattening...okay very fattening but WORTH it.

Popular Posts