Baby Steel's Playlist

In addition to my Hypnobabies soundtrack, here are a few songs that I really want played during my birthing time:

Breathe Unto Me
Why? In late October, I was driving up the freeway on my way to work. The song came on Pandora. I immediately get a vision of holding a little brown baby with curly hair and the Lord's sweet voice saying "you will be a mother this year." I am breathless, start hysterically bawling (to the point that I have to pull off the road), and my heart feels tight. I literally cannot calm myself down. At the time, I couldn't see motherhood or pregnancy within the year simply because there was only two months left in the year. I had taken a pregnancy test (super hopeful) only a week before and there was nothing. Thank God, my mom was there to comfort my massive disappointment. Little did I know that was my last negative pregnancy test (just editing this post - tears are streaming down my face - THANK YOU, JESUS!!!).

Fast forward, to a few months ago. I am feeling a bit "blah" - a lot of work and feeling pretty exhausted. Mike is away at work and the house is silent. I turn down the lights in the bathroom, put on the tea kettle, light some candles, put on Pandora, and I'm about to hop into the shower to cool off and get into a more peaceful mindset. As soon as I step into the shower - BREATHE UNTO ME comes on - it takes me all the way back to my moment in that car. I look down at God's promise and begin to weep (I literally cannot stop crying right now


I Will Wait For You
Why? When I first heard this song, I fell in love. This song hit my spirit like a ton of rocks. So beautiful.  At the time, I thought I was having a little girl and all I could think of is...I pray some boy/man feels like this about my daughter. That she would know what it feels like to have someone dedicated, in love, and firm. Too few girls know what it feels like to have a man say, "I will wait for you," and truly mean it. I want my daughter to know she is special enough for someone to feel that way. Then I realized I was having a boy and prayed that he would feel this way about a young lady. But then...I started to apply this song to my relationship with Christ and just waiting for His blessings, timing, and my son's arrival... (still crying...) Lord, I will wait for you (and you too, my sweet boy)!





Popular Posts