Dadchelor Party and a Man Shower

I love the slow attitude change happening in America. The idea that the father is just as important as the mother in the birthing process is outstanding. For instance, a dear friend's husband was able to have three months of paternity leave - he's a lawyer and his company offers the men just as much time as the women. That's incredible!!! And my friend definitely made sure that he was splitting the responsibilities - thank God for pumping - because he was taking some of the nightly feeds.

Now my husband doesn't get three months - but he does get as much time as I get (technically) AND in true Mike fashion, he is a party animal, he's had just as many baby showers...

According to the bump (an awesome NY preggo mag), part of what's igniting this new trend is that men  are having babies later in life - so have more disposable income.

The first party was a dadchelor party in LA with a few of his boys (my baby shower was one day in Cincinnati):




And then yesterday, like my school, his office threw him a man shower. I was blessed enough to be there - he was uber surprised to see me. His smile was literally from ear to ear. Someone pointed me out to him - I wanted to surprise him by pinching his butt. His reaction would have been priceless, but in corporate America - it's probably majorly inappropriate. God knew what he was doing!

All I kept hearing was how much Mike talks about becoming a dad (he gives every one a weekly update) and how excited he is. After the party - Mike still had calls to make and work to finish up - so I sat in his building (feels so cool being in the towers - all the fancy people in the World Financial Center) people watching. Then I accompanied him to drinks with an old boss (of a boss) and friend at the W Hotel - super swanky (so this is the life that he leads!?!).

Thank God, I wore a dress! But as y'all know - the only shoes that fit my sausages are open toe sandals...definitely the only person with flip flops at the WFC and the W Hotel - but I was also the only person nine months pregnant (and I had a fresh pedi)--- so oh wells!


Baby Steel water bottles
Yummy assortment of foods :)
 
Baby Steel cupcakes
Gifts...
Love the gifts in the bags - but like his boss said,
 the true gifts were in the envelopes :) Thank you, AMEX.
 
I'm so worn out... I spent my whole day running (in ff) around...today
I will sit on the couch and write thank you cards

Popular Posts