Picture Collectors

The woman at Verizon literally thought I was cray cray when I told her that I rather keep my broken blackberry with my pictures than to buy the new i.phone without my pictures transfered over.

Of course when dollars are concerned - they found a way to transfer the pictures to my computer. Literally this was a three hour fiasco, BUT my pictures are my world.

My life has been perfectly documented in pictures. I remember being a girl and literally looking through  a beautiful bookcase full of photo albums. My grandparents had an entire bookshelf full of wooden brown albums lining the shelves, all in order of time - very similar to the background to the picture of me, my mom, and dad.  It was incredible - like a library of memories and history.

I can literally see pictures of my mother and her family throughout the years - my mom as a newborn (12 oz - yes, made the newspaper), toddler, young girl surrounded by her brothers, family vacations, her as a teenager (enter photos of my dad - they've been dating since they were 15), her as a young woman (on wild vacations with her bestie), and her as my mother.

My life has been the same - every moment of life I've tried to capture on camera, in a diary and for the last few years on this blog. However when it comes to photos, I have not been as successful as I would like to be due to moments of insecurity (I hate that photo) or moments of "living in the moment".

Many of you are shocked that I would say this, because I HAVE A LOT OF PHOTOS of myself, but it's nothing compared to some of my other family members. If you don't believe me - please, please, please - befriend any of the young Yanceys on FB or just walk into my parent's home. There are pictures on the walls, pictures in photo books, and beautiful picture frames full of family memories lining the wall.

I want to be better. I have tried to be better in my pregnancy, BUT I think nothing will push me more than the birth of my lil' Ace. I want him (and God willing my other children) to have millions of pictures to look through - from his great great grandparents to his own children. To be honest, I truly believe nothing reminds you of your priorities, blessings, and identity like a picture or two.


Me with my parents :) 

My parents with my cousin Simone's dad (I am not born yet but Simone is hence the baby bottle) 

My grandma - after four children. 

My grandmother (bandana) with some friends on vacay

My grandparents 

My grandparents and Uncle Tony (Fancy's dad in the center)

me and my pawpaw - love him so much! RIP 

my pawpaw (in the center) and his boys 

Nobody knew how to party like my grandparents! 

Grandma out and about - with (her favorite) a high ball in her hand.
I LOVE THIS WOMAN.  

Popular Posts