I follow Mike around the apartment



After work I need downtime. I need to sit in silence and just think.
Now that I drive to and from work every day - first time in my adult life. I feel like I get that time.
Then there are days that I get home before Mike or I am on break.
When he gets home - I've had silent time and now I want nothing more than to engage with him.
So, I literally follow him around the apartment talking or asking him questions.
It's a terrible habit.
He used to do it to me (first year of marriage) - when he worked from home/car and it was hard for me to get used to it.
"Mike, I really need downtime after a long day at work and subways." 

But now, tables have turned.
To be fair, Mike doesn't need the downtime like I do...
But it's still an awful habit - chasing someone around a two bedroom apartment.
It's needy.
The only time that I don't do it - is if I am preoccupied with something.
He always giggles at it, when he notices that I am doing it
"Girl, where are you going? Sit your lil big butt down - I'm not going anywhere."  
I laugh, too, but still follow him.
Usually, I make reference to how blessed he must feel to have someone love him so much (besides his doting mother)
He shakes his head still giggling...
But here lately, I've been like
"Well, don't worry in a few months, I will be so focused on our son - I won't be following you anywhere. I may not even notice you've come in the house!" 
NOTE: One of my major goals in motherhood is to not let this happen - I always want Mike to feel loved and cherished... but I can be childish at times...
And this always makes him get serious
"Man, you better not. You shouldn't even claim that." 
I always let him know he is right, I shouldn't say that
And then I continue to follow him around the apartment.

Popular Posts