Spicin' Up Date Night

Even while creating a recipe or writing a story, I am preparing for our hot date!




Mike and I have revamped date night!

Interesting Sidebar: Rachel and Ju (DC friends) just revamped date night as well. And there was an article about date night.

Long story short, I think we forgot the purpose of date night. It became a routine night that Mike and I would hang out together. No friends. Just us. But we started abusing it and allowing it to be a "married" couple thing instead of a "hot stinkin' date!" So our new thing is: I wear heels, he dresses nice, we go somewhere different to explore the city of DC, we PLAN it out, and we act like we are dating. Two twenty somethings lookin' to have a good time. He's trying to impress me. I'm trying to impress him. We are using date night to connect instead of as a day to symbolize our ongoing connection. This week, we went to Ciebra's a Brazilian restaurant. The food was okay. Bill was high. $5.00 margaritas perfect. We then walked through Georgetown and enjoyed a peanut butter and chocolate crepe and decaf coffee.

Popular Posts