Eating with Christine

Scene:
  • I am making my buffalo chicken salad (literally to die for)
  • It's inspired by the best buffalo chicken salad I ever ate while at a New York restaurant! 
  • I got the salad while eating with Christine! 
Thoughts:
  • Man, I am so happy that I picked out this salad.
  • I wish I could make that delicious steak sandwich that Christine and I had with the salad.
  • Oh-wee, we ate a lot that night! It was so much fun with Christine! 
  • I always love eating with her. I leave feeling so empowered after every single dinner.  
Reasons:

So, Christine is a half-Armenian soccer player. She played in college (traveled the world for soccer) and she plays in a fun league in New York. The woman is extremely athletic while remaining curvy (think of famous half-Armenian curves - Kim, Khloe, Kourtney). Her man is a huge football player type, who eats tons. Point: he will always be bigger than her, always out eat her, and he loves her with her curves! Because of her own self-esteem,vigorous workout habits, and her man's care-free [food] attitude - Christine eats whatever she wants.  And she isn't the little boney friend that does it with an "I'll never be fat" mentality. She, like me, LOVES food and when we eat together I feel free. I feel like we are two MEN. Yes, you heard me... we are two confident men. We don't talk about what we shouldn't have. We both order two dishes that are the most desirable  and we split them. When the dessert menu comes around, we order our two favorite options and dig in. There aren't questions of splitting one meal, or going lite on this, or "let's splurge" conversations - it's all about eating what we want! And please believe there won't be any food remaining on our plates and if there are left-overs it's because we are literally too stuffed not because we are trying to prove a point. Christine is no pig, but she's also not a delicate and slow eater. We both enjoy our food, but don't feel the need to eat slowly (so our brains can catch up)... no let's enjoy with no guilt.  I never feel like I have to apologize or explain my eating to her, I can say: "Yes, I did eat breakfast, lunch, a snack and I am going to have two courses (maybe three and a drink) tonight! And I am going to enjoy every bite (not savour it) and not apologize afterwards." I am not going to tell you "I'm stuffed, maybe I shouldn't have eaten that last..." Nope, I'm gonna eat what I want, how much I want, and talk about life! When I eat with Christine it's as though:  

  I enjoy the meal the way that I [try to] enjoy my life... carefree, fully (not wasting a moment), and unapologetic.  

Popular Posts