Goody-Goody...Goody-Goody

Today was one of those perfect days. You know when everything feels right. Time isn't too fast or too slow, to-dos are crossed off the list, hair and style are right on point, love is in the air (and so are fresh brownies and popovers) and "work" was inspiring and fun!

Now, although everything usually works together in order to make a perfect day - there is usually a highlight. Today's highlight was in a song "Goody Goody."

I'm at the senior citizen home and we are celebrating birthdays. There is cake and ice cream served and now we are singing classic songs! You guys would be proud of me - I knew every song and the all the words to many of them. Anyways, we just finish singing "Summertime." One of my absolute favorites.



There are tears. There are a few "that's alright! that's alright!" Faces of the seniors show their pleasure and their eyes are off in a distant land - they are in Memory-ville. After the song, we look for someone to sing "At Last" and then this old woman steps up:

"I have a song. All you have to do is sing "goody-goody...goody-goody." I am in front of the room, so I feel a lot of pressure to make sure that I am happily engaged. During all the other songs, I literally set there engulfed in the moment and silent. So, this was my time to turn it all the way up! Plus she was looking at me when she said to sing the chorus. Her wish was my command. Now, I couldn't find the words to this song, so this is from my memory.. .but you guys will get the point.

She starts off with a verse about some woman laying on her back and you think she's a...
Ummm....goody-goody goody-goody (I sing awkwardly)
Now your heels are pointing to the sky and he's in between your thighs...
Goody-goody...goody-goody (uh?!? does anyone else hear this?)
He's begging for some more...
Goody-goody...goody-goody (I'm looking around the room... this is so crazy... but I'm lovin' it)
Now you itchin' and burnin...
Goody-goody...goody-goody (I'm now laughing and other more religious elders are disgusted)
He has blue b----s and he's with another...
Goody-goody...goody-goody (I'm loud and dancing)
But that's what you get, you nasty --- for not being a 
GOODY GOODY...GOODY GOODY! 

I'm the only person that claps after the song. She looks at me mischievously and smiles and I smile back. I have to say that moment was HILARIOUS. So awkward. So ridiculous. So inappropriate.  So perfect. 

Popular Posts