Quick Question: I'm kinda putting myself out there... (but oh well.)

Here recently, I have really been struggling with a few decisions in my life - pretty "vain" decisions, but important nonetheless. I mean, we cannot downplay the importance of attraction in a intimate relationship. So, here is my dilemma - Mike isn't attracted to a certain thing... let's just say it's red finger nail polish and I like red finger nail polish on me. We both love pink, but I like red as well. Now, although he says that I am a pretty woman and he 'loves' me all-the-same, I can tell the difference in his attraction to me when I am wearing pink vs. red. So, even though I like red, I don't feel as pretty in it because I know that he doesn't like it. As I said, I love my nails in pink, but sometimes I just feel like wearing red. Is it ridiculous of me to stop wearing red all together? Because I love pink and he loves pink?  Does that make sense? Does this just happen in relationships?


Sorry for this rambling vomit of emotion. But I guess, I am struggling with these questions, because I just don't want to seem like I'm not an "individual"...I dunno know the right words (I'm open for suggestions).  However, some of the people that I respect so much have openly admitted to wearing a certain style simply because their significant other prefers it, which makes me think (maybe I'm not crazy). Comments that I've heard in the last few months that may clear up the point of my rant:
  • "I always wear my hair highlighted, because I know what my man likes."
  • "I always wear my red lipstick at places like this, because I can't wear it around Dan, because he hates it."
  • "Man, why did Mariah get me in some skinny jeans! I swore I would never wear them but she got to giving me compliments and I bought two pair!"  
  • "I don't love my hair curly, but I've noticed Sam loves it this way. His eyes light up when I walk in the room, so every day my hair is curly." 
I think you get my point now. So, what do you think? Is it ridiculous to change something about your style because your significant other doesn't like it? Have you ever done it? Or would you ever change to attract the person that you want?

Popular Posts