Isn't it crazy when people know you better than you know yourself?

So we've all heard the statement, "Girl, that looks like you." But in this past month, I've had five people tell me something about my style that I actually didn't know.

If you would ask me, "Shelby, what's your fashion style?" 

I would answer, "Simple (understated) with classic and bright pieces - overall simple but the beauty is in the details." Ha! 


But within in the last month, I've heard:

Friend: "Girl, you know your style has always been very retro" (retro?)

Mom: "Well, you know this piece would look great because you know your style is [you know] hippie." (hippie...huh?)

Grandma: "Oh Shelby, sometimes I look at pictures of you and think they are of me... [sometimes] 30, 40 years ago... because of your style." (I'll take it grandma)

Ashley: "Yeah, cousin, I would definitely say that your style is hippie-like" (then like the brat she is... she went on about my shapeless shirts)

Mike: "I would say that hippie - retro definitely describes your style."  



It's so interesting how others can tell you about yourself! Now, I've always considered my taste in music - retro...but my style? Interesting. But I guess when I look at Denise Huxtable's style profile  (a woman that did retro "hippie" well) ... all of the items are appealing to me.  I dunno.


Has that every happened to someone else or am I just "self-unaware"? Is "self-unaware" a word? If not, whatever!

Popular Posts