Yesterday

"All my troubles seemed so far away...
Now it looks as if they are here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday" 
- Beatles 




"Yesterday" could have been my theme song yesterday. Yikes! Not sure if that makes any sense. Anyways, yesterday started out incredible. Baby boy and I loaded into the car to take daddy to his new job - Tribeca, NYC is literally five minutes away from our apartment - so I thought it was the perfect "tester" drive. I haven't driven him anywhere by myself - still feeling quite funny about drives longer than 10 min. 

ANNNNNYYYYWAYS, started out beautifully. A little feeding, nap (me time), talked to a friend, and had a long walk in the park. Then my sweet baby boy turned into Big Brother Dirty Diapers and started hazing the mess outta me. Wore me out - literally wanted to nurse nonstop... talk about feeling like a cow. MILK me, I'm done. Every time I would remove him from the tit - he'd cry. AUUUUGGHHHH! 

No blog, no extra "me" time, interrupted reading, no The Mindy Project...

SIDE NOTE: The Mindy Project is one of my new favorite shows. When my mother was here she totally restored my faith in the television sitcom. My father and mother always have their favorite line up and since we were little it was time for family. First came family dinner (except on Tuesdays - dad's late night at work - my parents would eat separate from us). Then my mom would pop popcorn, we'd have dessert, and during commercials we would run our mouths about what we thought was going to happen. Even when I visit home - her and my father still pop popcorn, grab a glass of wine, and tune in and talk about their favorite show. Anyways, when she was back - she totally restored the fun in watching a good sitcom. I had become so jaded by television that the only time I really watched television was sports (I love me some sports center) with Mike and reality television (Iylana rocks my world) with Ashley. Now, I have my own line up: America's Baking Competition (off), Whodunnit (off),  Devious Maids, Motives, The Mindy Project. I make each issue an ordeal - if I'm not watching it with baby boy. I pop popcorn, have something sweet to drink and/or sweet to eat.. such a fun and relaxing way to spend an evening. I get the shows on In Demand, so I don't have to channel surf (which was so frustrating for me). Talk about some 1960s fun. 

I DIGRESS!!! 

Back to yesterday, anyways, it was ruff (yes, i purposely spelled it wrong - i know that with my constant misspellings and grammar issues it's at times hard to tell when i'm being cute... this is cute).

 HOPPING to the point (cause it's taking a while): I am now going to try to bf exclusively (for three days - I see it as a three day fast of sorts), because I think I am overfeeding my baby. Every  time he cries - I give him a bottle or the boob.  So yeah...trynna figure it all out. Who ever said, bf was easy... well, maybe no one said it... BUT if they did say it (bc I thought it would be) WAS WRONG. Stinkin' story teller or super lucky woman either way it's not my DERN reality (not yet at least)! I feel like the "bf is easy" myth was spread by some man behind the media-lens or medical practice. Bahumbug. 

Update: Day one of BF challenge/fast is off to a good start... it's busy, but it's good. You see I'm bloggin' doncha... still in my pjs and my hair is a mess...but I'm blogging (with a cuppa decaf and pbnj san'wich) and we are as happy as pickles (is that the saying?!? is a pickle happy?!? or is it clams? clams definitely are not happy - tasty but not happy. or are they? we are as happy as dolphins... that feels better)... okay slightly delirious, but full of joy! 


Popular Posts