My mom left.

I can't believe these were taken just two weeks ago...

My mom left this morning and it's bittersweet. My dad missed her so much - he sent cute text messages every day about how much he missed her and wanted to just sit and talk. She loved it. He's usually the one out of town. They hadn't been apart though for two weeks since 1984. She missed him a lot. They talked every night - whispering, laughing, exchanging "juice". 

This morning, Mike and I woke up to find her immaculately dressed with her hair done. She looked incredible - Mike was like "wow, your mom is ready to see her man". And she was. After a teary see you soon and promises for next month visits, we separated. Blah! 

Good news though – I definitely feel ready for this journey called motherhood. Mommy boot camp whipped me into shape and for that and much much more I'm incredibly thankful for my mom and this beautiful explorative season. 

Popular Posts