Baby Blues: Uno

This is dedicated to the Mexican bike trail known as motherhood. I wrote the following post on Saturday - feeling alive, invigorated, inspired and completely at peace. Then Sunday came and Neiko hazed the mess out of me - had me in tears curled up in a fetal position. I had to ask one of my line sisters and closest friends to remind me of our sorority experience - so that I can remember that I am strong and have done some cray cray hard things in my life. 

Monday was a great day, but I felt like a hypocrite to publish the post based on my Sunday experience... but after a few moments throughout this week of "oh man" and a lot of "euphoria" I've decided other mothers have told me, that this "bipolar experience" is motherhood.

 It reminds me of the Mexican bike path (favorite bike experience) - the path was exotic, beautiful, vitalizing, and yet exhausting. Endorphins and anxiety both filled my body. It was long and the road was smooth with bumps that could take you out of the game. There were people in front that totally excelled, there were folks behind me being incredibly cautious, some quit, there were people falling (that's why we sign waivers) and the most important lessons: stay in your lane, Keep your eyes on the road, and remember the huge pond/lake/body of water that we would be zip lining into. Think of  the end goal while enjoying the adventure. This is motherhood for me so far. It gets gritty, but I love it. I'm built for this - made to be Neiko's momma.  

This is from Saturday. Mind you, this is only part one of the article... I had to split up my writing. Part dos manana. 


Warning: This is very choppy writing. I just had to get it all down. 
After having Neiko, I've had many people ask me about the baby blues. Most of the time it's in emails and the question comes after reading a cheery blog post.

So here is the short answer to the question: No, baby blues.

Longer answer: So, far parenthood is fabulous. That said, I have had not so great moments -

  1. When I let fear get the best of me (for a few too many hours one night)
  2. When I thought about my birth time (labor and delivery). Although I loved the first night of labor and post labor. while at the hospital - the sleepovers and day visits with family were super fun and playful and the nursing staff (for the most part) made my experience out of this world. a great start to parenthood
  3. When I realized or better yet when I was told that I needed to supplement (formula) with my breast milk (happened to be the biggest blessing of pregnancy). 
All this to say, there have been "oh man" moments - but, thank my Heavenly Father, no blues.  Parenthood, much like the last two trimesters of pregnancy, has been my cuppa tea.






Popular Posts