Date night


Last night was our first date night since Neiko's birth. My mom told us to go out - we had literally two hours.

I must say at first the idea of putting on an outfit - that would be cute, fit my swollen body and most importantly be comfortable - sounded impossible. But after finding something cute to wear, playing with my hair and makeup, and breastfeeding my pumpkin - the night felt full of possibilities. 

My mom's only rule - only 15 min. to talk about Neiko. Funny thing is while at the dimly lite tucked off JC restaurant - NIke and I did just that. After some catching up- I set my timer and we gabbed about our sweet boy for errrrr 18 min

I will say it was an incredible night - it felt good to be out and about and feel like "myself" again! 

But I must say, one of my favorite parts of the night was walking back to the car. The night felt crisp like autumn. Mike and I were holding hands and laughing about a previous conversation. And all of a sudden it hits me, "I get to go home with him...and see our son and my mom". What a wonderful life.

Popular Posts