I have a problem.

I'm obsessed with my son. 

I realized it today - during our family outing. 

Yes, there were red flags: 
I look at his daily pictures constantly
I kiss him about a hundred times per minute 
Mike swears that I wake him up he is napping 
I smell and squeeze him constantly 
And at times just the sight of him makes me weak
Heck, just the fact that I am writing this while on the path on my way to happy hour should be a sign. 
The fact that I practice telling people that I have a son (in the mirror and I tell random strangers) 

But no - the tell-tell was: 

Walking to the car, Mike hits a bump and has to lift Neiko's stroller. I reach in to "protect" neiko. Not sure from what. 

Mike, "yeah I'm definitely putting him boxing" 
"What, why?" 
"Because you are that mom! My son will be running home from school - they gonna be testing him" 
"Well, I will be right there with him!"
"Both of y'all gonna be running" 
"Mike, yeah right someone try to mess with my baby - I will whoop a nine year old! I'd beatem all up!" (Dead serious)

At that exchange - at the moment that I realized I would fight a child and their momma for messing with my son - is the moment that I realized that I'm obsessed. 

Pray for me, Saints! 
Ashley voice

Popular Posts