Fall Fashion 2013

It's funny, over the last five years this blog has captured all my likes, loves, dislikes, observations, etc.

It's crazy, because as I read through it - I can always capture the loves of the season. There are seasons where I talk a lot about marriage, others when family and food are dominant, but many deal with style. It almost seems foreign for this blog to be about something besides Neiko and pregnancy, ehhhh?!? It's due to the fact that this little munchkin has dominated my thoughts, prayers, and writing for the last 9.5 months.

Well, today I took some time off from entertaining and decided I needed some me and Neiko time. I needed the rest while he is resting experience... and instead of simply resting... I caught up on some fall fashion articles.  It's like Heaven on earth - scouring through magazines, newspapers, and websites looking for what's happening this fall.

Now, I can't lie usually my inspiration comes from sitting on the train in NYC/BK, a cafe, or a park bench and simply people watching. Y'all know I've written plenty of style post while sitting outside on a jazzy bench during my lunch break - a little brown bagged fashion.  But like everything in life, things change and today sitting here with the breezy weather (all my windows are up), big, red and comfy couches, happily napping baby, and a cuppa jo/tea at an arms length a way at all times (I have been taking in a lot of water as well)... I feel the same rush of inspiration...

and I'm super amped up, because grey is hot this fall and guess who's cape is on trend... loves when closet wear hits the spot!

The article that I found that hit on most trends (and was easy to electronically transport pix) was in Harper's Bazaar. For more pictures, details on the trend, and other good fashion reads - go here: 

grey is huge this fall (and every other fall - it's classic) 
Already got my big grey

Color blocking 

Another example of color blocking

Military Green is HUGE! 

The tuxedo look - it's been big for a few seasons now. 

Massive head to foot prints ... same print galore



Popular Posts