It's raining it's pouring

The old man is snoring...

This morning, I walked and sat in the rain. It was beautiful to watch - I had an old weary tree as my umbrella and a cuppa Jo as my warmer. 

The only thing that I could think about was the refreshing nature of rain. Water is my lover. I never get tired of her in all her forms. I'm mystified by her cleansing and rejuvenating nature. 

My baby is safe and sleep with his amazing father. This morning, me and my sweet boy were together from 130 to 400 am - so Mike (working from home) took the morning shift to let me get some extra zzzzs. He then graciously let me have the first walk n' pray. 

I've found that such peace in walking. I used to jog a lot and used working out as a way of clarity and visualization for my future. I thought I had to be pushing my body to the max in order to clear my mind, but walking has been just as effective.

 Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to dive into a pool for a long lap session, tie up my shoes for a jog, jump on my bike, take a hike, or join my fellow people in a fitness class...but for now God's grace has allowed me to be completely content with walking. 

It's the small things...


Popular Posts