Work Fashion Inspiration

Weird and unusual fact about me: I believe I live in the most fashionable area in New York (that's not the weird fact). During the weekday especially I see the most fashion forward casual, dressy, and business outfits ever. The people sporting the fashions range in ALL sizes, genders, ages, races, cultures, and economics. You can see anything between stylish glam-rock to classic urban. This brings me to my weird fact: I walk out of my way most (like 95%) of the time in the morning in order to take the train, so that I'm able to observe all the fashion in one place. While waiting for the train instead of burying my head into my reading material, I take swigs of my coffee, blast my music and become inspired by everyone's looks. It's my favorite morning activity, it almost invigorates me as much as my morning run and reflection.

And many times the fashion train doesn't stop at my "work" station. Even at work (at a non-profit) there are outfits and pieces that I absolutely adore and that feed my fashion appetite. For instance, this morning Jovian was wearing an outfit for work that could also be worn at a post-work charity event that would possibly end with drinks and conversation. Her outfit was perfect for all three stages and events in her day and she only paid $55.00 for the ENTIRE outfit...including heels. Hope this inspires you!








Popular Posts