I'm THANKFUL for...

My grandmother came to get me at the airport and she was better dressed and overall cuter than me. She was wearing a navy sweater, brown leather jacket, brown leather pumps, and dark denim jeans with a cute little haircut - me, I was wearing one of Mike's thermals, a pair of 80s splotch jeans and - that's it.

In my defense (excuse alert), this morning the car came too early and literally beeped the horn every two seconds - which gave me massive anxiety, which in turn spiraled me in to forgetful frenzy ( I forgot to put on earrings). While loading into the car this morning, because I was so loopy, I spilled HOT coffee on my hands and legs. Then once, I finally got to the airport, I felt slightly overwhelmed by the eager man at the airport terminal.  PLEASE EVERYONE SLOW DOWN - my morning was moving way too fast. My plan was to get to the air-terminal two hours early, have another cup of coffee and do my work peacefully NOT walking throughout the air-terminal in  jitters. All this to say, I was in a hot mess. 

On the other hand, my grandmother woke up, poured a cup of jo, grabbed some reading material, went back to bed. Then she took lots of time to eat her breakfast and gradually did all of her morning essentials.  

But I am so thankful because in addition to seeing grandma, I got to see the younger cousin today, A. Yancey. I am also happy because it was a fairly productive day and I had amazing conversation with the fam over speghetti and meatballs, spinach and bread.

My mom was able to create her cranberry sauce (four more things to make over the course of three days), my dad is asleep while watching CSI, and my sister is relaxing after swim team practice. I am in the living room with a smile on my face, a Cincinnati Enquirer's article from April 16, 1989 about my mother (she took a stand against abortion and was publicizing a unwed mother's home that she was involved in), a bottle water and my computer.

Mike is not in the Nati, BUT I must say that it feels good to be home - surrounded by the people that I love and love me.

"Shelby our show is about to come on - was I snoring?" says my dad
"Yes, you were BUT here I come."
"I am making the coffee, doing your dad's job, but I am about to watch it to," my mom says.

Well, I have to go - the Good Wife is on (my first time watching it) and we are still trying to convince my mother to bust open the chocolate cake.

Love ya,
Shelby S.

Popular Posts