A REAL life Love story

This morning over a cup of coffee, my mom, Tanya and I stopped talking to watch a State Farm commercial. I am in love with the commercials, right after the commercial I turned to my mom just in enough time to see her eyes watered up. Thinking that it was the commercial, I almost started laughing but then she began to tell us the most beautiful (and weirdest) story ever:

As my mother dropped our cousin, Tanya off at the "drop-off" area at the airport - she was waiting until Tanya went into the check-in area - another car drove in front of her car. Something about the moment made her stop and look.

A man in his mid-20s in a military outfit hopped out of the passenger side of the car. He went to grab his bags from the back of the car, when his wife jumped out the car hysterical. She grabbed onto her husband and wouldn't let him go. My mom could tell that he was trying to stay strong for his wife, but the mere thought of this woman's position touched my mother deeply. The thought that this young woman doesn't know if she will ever see her love again...hit my mother like bricks. All of a sudden (weird alert), my mother was unable to contain herself and began hugging the couple. My mother crying and hugging them, told both of them "thank you." Thank the woman for letting him go and thank the man for protecting our country. They both told her "thank you", my mom walked away, the couple continued hugging and then the woman let go...

Popular Posts