Wear HIS clothes

I've loved men's fashion since I was an extremely young girl. In fact, I fell in love with men's clothing before women's clothes. In sixth grade, I would wear all of my grandfather's newsboy hats, old t-shirts (and I still wear his pajama pants) and by eighth grade I was wearing my father's button down shirts with my uniform skirts. I was in love with the huge dress shirt with cuff link holes and "KS" on the pocket. Even now, my parents tease me about stealing their clothes (both of them). I adore my dad's old sweatshirts, briefcases, hats and my absolute FAVORITE his ties (I wear them as ties, belts, and hairbands). All this to say that it's no surprise that when I am bored it's no surprise that I am quick to skim through Mike's closet. Funny, because there are now clothing pieces that started out as Mike's that I now put into my dressers - I've claimed them. There's definitely something about wearing men's clothes that adds an edge to my wardrobe, it feels nostalgic, and it's comfy and sexy. Here is an example of my "borrowing" Mike's clothing to add spice to my sweater and skinnies.







Borrowing their clothes - another reason it's nice to have guys somewhere around :)

Popular Posts