Tartan (pattern) is back!!!





According to Instyle magazine and the Marc Jacobs runway show (fall 2009), Tartan is back again for fall/winter 2009. This trend is a fun one around the holidays because there is something about red and green Tartan that truly captures the holiday spirit.

I am going to get tickets to the Nutcracker this year for me and Mike - my family and I used to go every year, it was my FAVORITE holiday tradition. Fun fact: I was supposed to try out for the Nutcracker when I was a young ballerina and opted out a.k.a quit in order to do karate due to my father's persuasion and to my mother's dismay.

Anywho, I am really hoping that I can find or even make (a project that may need to be saved for next year) a Tartan red/green/black or creme long sleeved mini dress. I think it would be a classic, sexy and holiday appropriate outfit that will stick out in the sea of black dresses. I'll tell you how it goes.

Popular Posts