YOU EVER JUST

Wake up in the morning and think "THANK...THANK...THANK YOU, JESUS"
That's where I am.

Here lately I have been so thankful for all my blessings.
"GOD YOU ARE SO GOOD...IT DIDN'T HAVE TO BE ME!"

The coffee machine roars in the background
I look out the window at the gloomy fall skies (my favorite)
My hair is a hot mess
I am wearing my pawpaw's blue plaid pajama pants
YANCEY is in all caps right below the "Joe Boxer" tag
He wrote his name on most of his things - 50s military policy, I guess

The breeze hits me on my back
As I work in my home office
A.k.a the desk that I decorated as a mini - Martha space
My mom and cousin, Tonya, are boarding a plane for their visit
My bed covers are still scattered every which way
Brooklyn is starting to wake up
Construction is beginning, children's voices, cars speeding by

I can't help but think "THANK YOU, JESUS!"

Popular Posts