I LOVE a POP of COLOR

In the winter! I know most of us tend to stick to greys and blacks in the winter and fall, but there is nothing better than adding a POP of color. Knowing that this is my belief one of my friends and a reader told me that she went out and bought a pair of bright red shoes and now she was strongly debating taking them back! She wanted to take them back because anytime that she wore a bright color clothing item (a bright red top) with the shoes, she looked like she was trying to hard and overstated. Then she tried wearing the shoes with all neutral colors and felt like the shoes looked out of place.

"She was in a rock and a hard place - when she wore bright colors with the shoes, she felt extra and when she wore all neutrals the shoes looked out of place."


I totally understood her dilemna and here are my TOP suggestions whenever wearing shoes that "pop" whether purple, red or blue:

  • Wear different color neutrals: think about gray leggings, with a white t-shirt, black blazer and fun shoes.
  • Go ALL the way bright (one of my favorites): wear a bright yellow skirt, black tights, a red shirt, black grandpa sweater and bright shoes...or floral print shirt with you bright skirt.
  • Think about non-traditional neutrals - wear a pair of skinny jeans, a studded navy top and bright shoes.
  • If you wear all black preferably wear a dress and accompany it with a pinch of color throughout your wardrobe - red purse, red lipstick, red nails, red watch, bright colored stockings...whatever.
  • Think Tuxedo - wear a pair of fitted black straight leg pants, a white ruffled shirt, a black vest or suit jacket and your bright shoes with a small bright clutch.

* Please know that these are simply my suggestions (no magazine, etc.) and there are a lot of other suggestions...but here are a few. Please feel free to add to the suggestions in the comment section.

So, here I am wearing an outfit fit for the job, a date or simply an evening out with the girls. For my look - I paired red t-shirt, vintage high-waist stretch gray skinny jeans, a long sweater, a stretch belt, red lipstick and red platform pumps. Hope you enjoy!









TGIF!

Popular Posts