I'm Singing In the Rain

So, if two days ago was the perfect storm (figuratively and literally speaking) than yesterday was just the storm. Well, let me be clear "date night" was nice - homemade pizza (recipe coming) and the park; however those were the ONLY pleasant hours of my day.

The "Storm" included frustration, way too many emotions, a headache, and massive eye twitches (that no one can see)...

This morning when I woke up, part of me just wanted to stay in bed...2 min. went by, 5 min, 10 min..

"I can do this I am strong."

I popped out of bed and did my normal routine:
  • Prayer
  • Check computer (weather, blog, g-mail, work account)
  • Put on the coffee
  • Pack lunch
  • Pick out clothes (hopefully Mike will iron for me)
  • Go in the bathroom and wash after Mike is finished
  • Put on clothes
  • Give Mike the time break-down ("we need to be out in 10 min.") while putting on makeup and doing my hair
  • Rush Mike out the house
  • Grab our to-go coffees (one of us have added cream and sugar to a to-go cup of piping hot coffee) and Mike' breakfast
  • "You got your phone, keys, lunch,etc," asks Mike
  • I run back in for whatever I've forgotten
  • On our way to work
However I did something different this morning, along with reassuring myself that I would be on top of my game (nothing would stop me), I grabbed the extra sturdy golf umbrella and my rain boots...

So as, I got off the train this evening - slightly exhausted but feeling good, I noticed it was raining really hard. Forcing everyone to throw up their umbrellas...most people had these small umbrellas - so, when I threw mine up (and hit a few people in the face and back) people were giggling and sneering amongst themselves...it was an obnoxious scene.

As I walked home in the stormy weather, I saw broken umbrellas on the side of the road, people running for shelter (without umbrellas) and other people complaining about how "crappy" New York weather has been. But all I could do was smile to myself, hop in HUGE water puddles and thank God for an awesome day (and for my dinner to come - homemade extra meaty spinach spaghetti and cookies)

When I finally hit my street, Mike was standing on the corner (we are without car for a while) with a HUGE umbrella and smile...and as I walked into his arms:

"Wow, that umbrella is huge on you"
"Yeah,"
"What were you doing up there?" he said smiling (and probably questioning my sanity after seeing me hop around by myself)
My response was (and I really did sing it loudly)

"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain
What a glorious feeling I'm happy again"

http://www.bestmyspacecodes.com/Myspace-Codes-Posters/myspace-codes-posters-116.jpg

I hope you all have a fabulous Friday, drop a line if you like :) and please don't forget to sing in the rain!

Love,
Shelby S.

Popular Posts