The Simple Life

Sundays are my day of Sabbath. A day to not only go to church, but a day of sitting back, relaxing and reflecting on life.

This morning, the same old theme keeps running in my mind and that is living simply. Here lately, most of my friends, family members, and people that I talk are talking about saving up/recession living/ or simply cutting back.

And although these conversations could go in a "wooo...is me" direction, every one of the conversations has been positive. In fact, through having these conversations many times I leave with new fresh ideas on how to enjoy living without spending (much) money.

Now, this is not a new concept for me, because for those that know me or read this blog, you know that I love living simply. I fundamentally believe that the most simple times in life are the best in many ways.

Now, don't get me wrong splurging on clothes, vacations, and new homes/ cars feel good too. Well, I don't know about the homes/cars piece (but it seems like fun), but when it's all said and done sometimes the most simple free (or cheap) times are the best.

So, what are your favorite simple things to do by yourself, with family, friends, sig. other, or whatever? We can all gain some fun fresh ideas for simple living!

I guess, I can start:

  • One of my favorite childhood simple memories is going to Lincoln park with my siblings and parents, we would bike ride and then have desserts. The dessert would be Cinnamon graham cracker vanilla ice cream sandwiches, Diet Soda and chips. The absolute best!
  • Since elementary, when I need ultimate relaxation, I buy sour patch kids and a magazine and sit in my room and read and eat them. Sometimes with music but 90% in complete silence. Best time to completely relax.
  • A couple simple living favorite - is waking up on Sunday morning, brewing coffee and drinking it as Mike and I take a walk around the neighborhood.
Please share some of your simple living favorites...

Popular Posts