Would you RIP IT up?

So, this is completely going against the advice of my parents and myself but I must. I have to air some relationship business...

This morning, as I was doing my morning stair run.

Background: I usually run to the park, run up and down stairs, do a few arm workouts (that Mike taught me), run around the park and then run home.

Back to the story: As I was running up and down the stairs, I was approached by a younger man, in his mid-30s.

"Hey, I am a personal trainer in the park and my client is late. I saw you working out and wanted to show you a few helpful moves."

"Okay, I have a few minutes." In my mind, I was thinking "little does he know, I am a pro. I can't use a personal trainer, but whatever. I'll teach him about assumption based thinking."

Five minutes later, I am sitting down, complaining of nausea, heart flutters and my head spinning. Right as I was mustering up the strength to say my last words (should, I just tell him to tell my family I love them...no maybe "thank you"...no that's corny...think...think past the pain).

The man gave me water to splash on my face and then I was better. I had never been so exhausted - so, I took his card and began walking home.

As, I walked home (no I couldn't run after that work out), I smiled to myself and did a quick prayer. Even the stinky dogs running off their leashes didn't bother me today. I was on top of the world. Mike would love this, we could do joint workout sessions, life is good.

Call #1
Call#2 - Mike finally picks up
Mike Steel (oh he's in front of a client)
"Baby, you won't believe this - I found us a personal trainer (I tell him the story)"
"Okay, great, rip up the number and I will call you back"
Is he serious...

Ten minutes later...a text with Mike's favorite Ken Stone quote:
"He was trying to get on girl, free ain't free."

Five minutes later:
"Hey sweetie" (I am giggling now)
"I have two sec. to talk - he probably just picks girls up at the park" (dead serious)
"It's for us."
"I don't need a personal trainer and neither do you, I will teach you everything that he will...okay, got to go...don't forget to rip up the card. Love you."
"Love you, too"

Now, I am going to throw away the card...no I mean rip up the card, because it's not that serious. But after two seconds of thinking through this, I need to hear other people's opinions...

Would you want your boo to rip up the card? Why or why not?
Would you rip up the card?

Please take the poll on the right side of the page, add a comment or e-mail me.

Any other opinions on the situation would be great.



Popular Posts