From my Diary:

Mike just got back from a business trip early, he told me - he would be home by noon today and instead showed up this morning, so this was my diary entry from this morning:

So Much for surprising Mike

Yesterday around 4:00 am I got a call, "Shelby unhook the top lock, my battery is dead." Then he hung up. I was so confused, I was so happy to see him but yet it wasn't on my terms. I wanted to be beautiful, sitting on the couch (much like Jessica on the T.O show last night) in something sexy and say, "welcome home;" however I was in a wrap, with blue toothpaste on my pimple, and shorts and an oversized tee-shirt. The house was clean, but not how it would have been....the dishes were in the sink from yesterday's delicious pizza (I did a spinach, onion, ham, pepperoni thin crust pizza with real pizzeria cheese)...

But regardless of my circumstance, I run to the door to find only Mike's luggage, some paperwork and his work bag - "oh my goodness, he is a time traveler"

Like Rachel McAdam's character Claire, I gathered his things and put them nicely in the crib and waited for his arrival. A few minutes later he comes in, it turns out unlike the romantic story of the Traveler Keeper's wife - Mike's phone died, he was calling my name and banging on the door, but I was in the back with our bedroom door locked (I get a little nervous at night by myself) - knocked out. He ran to the local corner store, charged his phone and called me...

So two hours after touching down in New York City, Mike was showered and in my arms :)

Popular Posts