Thank God for your prayers

Mike forwarded me the following message - it was written by his boy Greg Braylock. The entire message was extremely well written and beautiful but there was something so amazing about the beginning of the message:
Pastor Cook said we needed to focus again on Isaiah 58-66...
In chapter 62:1, Isaiah says:

"Because I love Zion, because my heart years for Jerusalem, I cannot remain silent. I will not stop praying for her until her righteousness shines like the dawn, and her salvation blazes like a burning torch."

The commentary in my bible says - "Many commentators believe Isaiah is speaking in verse 1. If so, Isaiah's zeal for his people and his desire to see the work of salvation completed caused him to pray without resting, hoping that Israel would be saved."

My first question was..."Man, who in my life has prayed for me in that manner? Who has prayed for me so hard core when nobody else is even thinking about me? Who is praying for me just because, and when nothing is even necessarily going "wrong" in my life? Who is praying for me in such a sold out way that they won't leave God alone until He blesses me, not them, but me? Who goes to God with such zeal on behalf of me?

While I know I've had tons of people pray for me over my life, and family that loves me and prayed for me non-stop during uncertain times in my life, there are only two people who have really prayed for me in that manner consistently throughout my life: my mother and my wife.
In fact, knowing that my wife prayed (and prays) for me in the manner that my mother has my whole life, is something that had me awe-struck and confident in knowing that I wanted her as my wife and that she was supposed to be my wife.

The second question that came to mind was "Who have I prayed for in that manner?
And I guess that's what I would challenge you to think about. Our lives have been blessed by many people. Who in your life has refused to remain silent, and gone wholeheartedly and boldy to God on your behalf? Just think about how that has protected, shielded, enriched, and blessed your life; and then thank God for them.
---Greg Braylock, Jr.

After reading it, I asked Greg if I could publish it, because thinking about the selflessness of his wife praying day and night for HIM and our mothers, grandmothers, fathers, etc. that have been on their knees day and night for our wellbeing gave me shivers. To take it a step further I think of our guardians working tirelessly day in and day-out to put clothes on our backs, put us through school, and even deeper Jesus giving His life for us. Love can be so selfless...
I definitely thank God for all those that have prayed for me.

Popular Posts