My Diary Entry...

This entry was written on 8/8/09, but I can't stop listening to the song and reflecting on the beauty of an older (handsome) man that recently (and suddenly) lost his Love, standing in front of 55 family members singing:

My Ship has finally come...
Family reunions are one of those get togethers that really show you what's important in life. Today one of my older cousins, who just recently lost his wife of many years sang a beautiful song, "On the Ocean" it was his theme song. And there was something about watching a man that came to the reunion every year completely matching his wife (they were that couple) sing this song that truly touched me. So as the family stood around clapping, humming and smiling and his mother sat there saying "that's my baby" I stood there, silently singing along:

[Verse:] I would travel to the seven seas
(I would even go)
I would even go wherever the wind blows me
(I'll do anything)
I'll do anything to find my destiny
It's like fightin' with gravity
And it's bringin' me down
If this world was really round then tell me how
It's just a moment for you to come around...

[Chorus]
Now the tide is coming near
I see the waves flowing
Out there on the ocean
I know my ship is coming in
Just pass the horizon
And right where the sky ends
Cause out there on the ocean
Know my ship is coming in
But don't leave me hanging
I've been waiting to long
But this moment
My ship has finally come...
To listen to the song, click here.
Regardless of circumstances, I hope you are looking towards the horizon for your
ship to finally come...

Popular Posts