A Few Notable Quotes:About the Debate Question

Although, I didn't make a place for comments for this week's debate question, I have received some amazing responses to the question. There are a good amount of people that truly relate to the "starving blogger" (it's what I like to call myself - I, too, am a starving artist in my own way) ...

It seems as if the debate question really hit on a "sore note - when it comes to supporting others." I didn't add that option, but majority of the comments have a lot to do with how we should all be supporting one another as artists, writers and as the human race; however as one responder says "some people just don't like to see others do well."

One person, that happens to be a music artist, discusses his/her sadness towards today's society and the lack of support that we show one another and the "if it don't help me - I don't want to do it" attitude. Although, this person says, many of these people are the same people that want to ask you to support them in their endeavors.

But one comment, I had to share - it was so inspirational and truly touched me and I think it relates to anyone whether an "artist/entrepenur/etc." was: some of the main people that won't show you support while you are grinding, won't click a button, won't pay $5 for your concert or your art exhibit, or won't listen to your sales pitch are the same people that once you blow up or become successful want to talk about "hey homie." Then this person pointed out a line in Jay Z's "Encore", which hit the point on the head:

"Knew if I paid my dues, how will they pay you
When you first come in the game, they try to play you
Then you drop a couple of hits, look how they wave to you"

TRUE...TRUE...TRUE! Thanks for the comments, please keep them up...I ALWAYS want to hear from you guys...like, it makes my day FOR REAL!

Love,
Shelby S.

P.S. One thing that the responses have really done is they make you say "thank you so much, to those that supported you when it meant nothing for them." And that is the truth, regardless of whether you are a blogger, writer, musician, business person, WHATEVER...we all owe some one (or people) a "thank you" because God knows sometimes "supporting" others isn't always beneficial to yourself...

P.S.S - To respond to another comment - no, joining does not mean you receive an e-mail from the blogger, nothing comes to your inbox - you will just get updates on your profile. It's honestly, just a sign of public support - not too many perks or disadvantages.

Popular Posts