Debate Question #2

This is a very risky post for me - but I must be honest and ask. Please be honest with your answer :) and this is a poll, so it's completely anonymous. Please write me at shelby.shelb@gmail.com if you have any additional thoughts.


For the last week, I have been talking to my fellow bloggers (to be honeset more than five of them) and one thing that ALWAYS comes up when we discuss our blogs is the question: why do people, esp. those that we know, read (and possibly enjoy) our blogs but not become a member. After leaving all of these conversations more and more stumped, I realized that I had to pose the question to you! Before I begin, I want to acknowledge that I am very blessed to have awesome supportive people in my life that support this blog - those that I know well and those that I don't know that well - I appreciate (SO MUCH) the comments, joining the blog, sending posts to your friends, taking the polls and writing incredibly inspiring messages to me and I thank you for that!


I don't want this message to come across as attacking, but it's literally been a debate and a question on many of our minds and like EVERYTHING that I find interesting - I had to blog it in order to have a better understanding or at least a conversation. So here we go, on most people's blogs, we can see how many people check out our blog daily; however we can never see who those people are or how often that they look. It feels good to see people reading your blog and it let's you know that people are interested, but the only way that most bloggers are completely aware that specific people "like" or "support" their blog is through becoming a follower. Now, amazing personal messages are always great and encourage you to continue, BUT as a blogger (at least those that I have talked to, please chime in other bloggers) the way that you know that you aren't writing to yourself or a different crowd everyday is through "followers". These are the people who are letting it be publically known that I LIKE WHAT YOU DO!


It's like attending a concert, an exhibit, or book signing for an artist of any kind. So, why is it that people don't become members of blogs that they look at from time to time....or if they know the person and want to show some encouragement or support...it's free, not a time suck, literally effortless, and we still won't know how much you frequent the page...so why don't people just join to publicly support?



Majority of people said:
17 people didn't see the purpose
14 people don't want to join too much social media

Popular Posts