Imagine Me

As, I did my morning run and listened to my regular line up of music. I heard Kirk Franklin's voice and because it was not my "reflection time" and I need "upbeat" music - I was about to switch to the next song, but then something told me to keep it on and as I ran down I looked like a stinkin' lunatic. I was running with a Nike winter cap on - in order to keep my roots from frizzing too strong- and was tearing up...and all I could say loudly was
IT'S GONE...ALL GONE!
I have to let Kirk's lyrics explain my goosebumps. Listen to the song here. This song is such a lifter - so, if you are having one of those days where nothing seems to bring you out that big black hole of frustration, pain, etc - please, put on your headset and let the music take you away. However, I suggest you have Kleneex near by.

The video may be a little hard to watch based on the subject matter, but please feel free to watch it here.


Lyrics Below:
Imagine me loving what I see when the mirror looks at me cause I, I imagine me.
In a place, of no insecurities and I'm finally happy cause I imagine me.
Letting go of all of the ones who hurt me cause they never did deserve me, can you imagine me.
Saying no to thoughts that try to control me, remembering all you told me, Lord can you imagine me?
Over what my momma said, and healed from what my daddy did and I wanna live and not read that page again.

(Chorus)
Imagine me, being free, trusting you totally, finally I can imagine me, I admit it was hard to see you being in love with someone like me, finally I can imagine me.

Imagine me
Being strong and not letting people break me down, you won't get that joy this time around. Can you imagine me?
In a world, in a world nobody has to live afraid, because of your love, fear's gone away, can you imagine me.
Letting go of my past and glad I have another chance and my heart will dance cause I don't have to read that page again.

(Repeat Chorus 1x)

Kirk talks:
This song is dedicated to people like me, those that struggle with insecurities, acceptance and even self esteem, you never felt good enough, you never felt pretty enough but imagine God whispering in your ear letting you know that everything that has happened is now.

Gone, Gone, Its’ Gone, All Gone
Repeat 8

Kirk’s remarks:
( Oh It’s All Gone. Every Sin, Every Mistake, Every Failure Its’ All Gone!)
Depression Gone By Faith It’s Gone
Low Self Esteem, Halleluiah Its Gone,
All Gone,
It’s Gone All My Scars
All My Pain It’s In The Past , Its’ Yesterday Its’ All Gone
( Can’t Believe Its’ Gone)
What Your Mother Did, What your Father Did, Halleluiah
(Its’ Gone All Gone)

Gone, Gone, Its’ Gone, All Gone

Popular Posts