You had me at "hello"

Mike took me out two days ago, after a few days of not seeing one another. As he sat across the table and talked to me about his future plans, I listened so intensely. He talked about being in marketing and some of his struggles with that and his excitement to release his creativity. He was so excited and smiled the whole conversation. Every once in a while, he would compliment me, "girl, you look good today" and then he would reach across the table and gently touch my face or something. As he told me his future plans, I hopped on board the Mike ship - heck, at that moment, he could have told me to follow him across the world and I would have went.

I couldn't stop looking at him and his mannerisms. There was even a time when he stood up and reached passed me and I smelled him and my heart fluttered. I had to pull myself together, it's been eight and a half years and I am still completely head over heels and becoming even more so, each step of the way:

Thinking about my one-date wonder post, I thought how good Mike looked (tee-shirt and jeans, earrings, tats, and fresh haircut), his comfort in himself without seeming too cocky, how much of a go-getter he is, his charisma and his man's man attitude (charming and protective), not necessarily funny but a sense of humor, he was kind without being a pushover and he had the "all-around" flava (I could take him anywhere and everywhere and he could handle any situation). After thinking about all the qualities he displayed during our date, I said:

"Mike, if this was our first date, I would definitely date you again... in fact, in my mind I would be planning a wedding date"

"I like to hear that, " he said with a smile...

"Do you think, if this were our first date - if we never met - you would be so interested in dating massive women that you wouldn't see what's in front of you?"

"To be honest, Shelby, I can't imagine my life without you," no smile, staring in my eyes.

Butterflies... (same feeling as the movies in 2000)

Have you ever met someone that simply had you by "hello" whether it worked or didn't work? Some that simply took your breath away within that first date?

HELLO
Beyonce
I love to see you walk into the room
Body shining lightin' up the place
And when you talk, everybody stop
'Cause I know you know just what you sayin'

The way that you protect your friends
Baby I respect you for that
And when you grow you'll take everyone you love along
I love that s---

Don't fly me away
Don't need to buy a diamond key to unlock my heart
You shelter my soul, you're my fire when I'm cold
I want you to know

You had me at hello
Hello, hello
You had me at hello
Hello, hello

It was many years ago
Baby when you stole my cool
'Cause you had me at hello
Hello, hello

Listen to the song, by clicking here.

Popular Posts