"Get on down...get on down the road..."

I was talking with one of my friends about dreams.

Which is weird because all this weekend, I attended a church conference that consisted of people talking about their dreams and going after what they loved. This of course was weird because I have been exploring my thoughts about dreams and who I am becoming as a woman. All this to say, I started thinking about this blog and I was telling my friend how I would love to have 1,000 Followers and 30 comments on each post, but then I thought about it and realized and began to tell her that I am happy about where I am RIGHT now and like where I am going because:

  • The 93 people that follow this blog do it: out of love for me (and I begged you), because you enjoy the blog or you are just really nice and know that it means a lot to me BUT either way no one is doing it because it's popular (because it's not) or because if the cool perks (because there aren't any) but because y'all are genuinely open to letting me know that you support what I am doing and that feels so good. Like it touches me in a RIDICULOUS way. I know it's the click of a button, but it means a lot and it pushes me to keep on moving - that's why it's at the top of my page.

  • The comments: I adore the comments, many of them making me laugh out loud and many times they are better than the post itself. Someone asked me why I always have to put my two cents in but seeing what y'all think and your advice is so INSPIRING and makes me happy. Whether there is just one comment that says, "hi" or 23... I read and love each one! It makes the blog feel intimate like our little community - sometimes "my self-help" clinic and I love it.

  • The messages: The advice questions, the advice answers, the "good job" emails, keep going e-mails...they all mean SO STINKIN' MUCH...'nough said :)

To be completely TRANSPARENT, right now I am in a funny and cool moment in my life, much like ALL of my adolescence where I am trying to figure out where I am going - where I want to go (they are different) - who I am becoming. I am traveling down my yellow brick road...

And as I look at the people that I love and love me, read the comments and e-mails, and think about the people that are supportive of what I do, and those that I am being introduced to (or reconnected with) through this blog I can't help but smile and enjoy WHERE I AM...WHO I AM...AND WHERE I AM GOING. Thanks y'all for holding my hand through this journey. I appreciate EVERY SINGLE person. Please let me know if (how) I can be the tin man on your yellow brick road...


Dreams:

Are you following your dreams? (poll)

Yes, job is my dream
1 (4%)
Yes, I am working towards them
15 (62%)
I don't know what my dream is.
4 (16%)
No. Circumstances aren't right.
4 (16%)

What is holding you back from your dreams?

LIFE.
3 (13%)
I Don't know what it is.
4 (18%)
Working on them now.
8 (36%)
I am scared.
1 (4%)
Finances
5 (22%)
Don't know how to get there.
1 (4%)

Popular Posts