My Mane Joy

As y'all know, a sistah is growing out her hair and taking it into her own hands and due to the love, I have received so many e-mails, etc. on different products to use! And trust me, I am going to use them all and tell you how they are! But the other day, I got a call from my little cousin that sent me running to the local hair shop to buy this product. In fact, this morning, I took my morning run, ran into my Dominican boo got a $8 trim in 5 min., ran back home and then took a shower lathering my hair in my two new products and adding a few of my old and faithfuls!

After talking my cousin, only thing I could do was ask her to write about it, because I think EVERYONE should know about this product...I will be adding pictures of the hair later today, but just so that you know...my hair smells great and my scalp is a tingling...take it away cousin:

The Miracle That Is Dr. Miracle
By Fancy Yancey

Generally speaking, black women have an uncanny obsession with hair, ESPECIALLY, their own hair. From the endless tasks of discovering the most flattering way to cut, style and wear it, to which products work best on the different types of hair, have plagued our psyches for years. I myself have subscribed to this phenomenon and am pleased to announce to the world that I may have found the cure to one of the biggest questions-what is indeed, the best product?

Now, before I give it away, it's important you understand where I'm coming from. Anyone who knows me knows my hair is my favorite personal feature (besides my legs lol) and I will dedicate any amount of time, money and resources to the cause if I believe it will positively impact my overall image. Over the years I've done everything to my hair from coloring it, cutting it off, brushing it at least 100 times a day (as some book instructed me to do), gotten a fresh relaxer every 3 weeks to going as long as 3 1/2 months without one. Recently (March 2009), I became a victim of my own superficial muse and got beautiful, frosty-blonde highlights applied. What I initially failed to realize is that applying bleach to my hair wasn't the best way to go. As a result of the bleaching (but more so my hatred of deep conditioners because of the dreaded hooded dryer I have to sit under to "activate" it) my hair became DAMAGED! I'm saying, no amount of conditioning, oil sheen and Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum could bring the life back to my strands. My once bouncy, shining hair that had been on the receiving end of ridiculously flattering compliments for years was now dead, dull, breaking off in record amounts and flat. It had, in fact, reduced me to tears on a few occasions...yes, it was that serious.

And then, do you want to know what happened? Dr. Miracle happened!!! And he was not lying, Dr. Miracle's Deep Conditioner worked a miracle on my hair! My hair is now not only looking like it's old self...it's feeling BETTER! Ladies (and men, if you'd like a quick little pick-me-up, go get hip and make it happen for yourselves too), I rarely 100% back up any products which is why when I tell you that Dr. Miracle is the truth, you had better believe it! The woman in those commercials is no exaggeration-my own whooping and hollering after seeing the results puts her child-like shrieks to shame!

I was at work the following day and one of my coworkers (a middle-aged white man) asked me if I'd done something differently with my hair. Another coworker of mine (a young, white woman) commented, "Your hair looks great!" And later that evening, I attended my Alma mater's fall icebreaker, the first major event I went to since graduating a little over a year ago and was met with tons of "oohs," "aahs" and "your hair always looks amazing Yancey!" from the students (young Black men and women). I can't tell you all how much these comments meant to me, especially after going through such a rough transition after those dreadful highlights. I now know that not only am I a believer in the effect of Dr. Miracle, but all of my commentators and critics are as well, as evidenced from their feedback.

Popular Posts