shaving HIS underarms

time-warps600x600.jpg time warp image by toemaetoe
About ten years ago:

I was sitting in the "life guard chair". I am 15 years old and it's my first year lifeguarding and although it is a shallow pool - I'm focused. I sit in the chair wearing my blue bathing suit, orange whistle and my rolled lifeguard shorts. My hair is back in a tight ponytail with a blue ribbon, I have on my "official" flip flops, ready to make any necessary steps at saving lives. I stare at every single patron -

"yeah let's just take a quick dip in this shallow pool."

As I turn around to see where this deep husky voice is coming from - I lock eyes with him. He's brown, tall, built and his smile shows dimples that are so deep they seem to be touching his perfectly white straight teeth. He is not an adolescent boy. No weird voice. No avoidance of eye contact. He is decisive...he must be 20...

I quickly turn back towards the water, I can't believe I'm neglecting my post, but one more look.

"Time to change, Shelby," says my friend Sara.

"Right," I swallow hard and climb down the chair and as I finally hit the water, I turn around to catch one more glance; however by this time, he is shirtless and walking into the pool...right by me - he is not wearing swim trunks, he is wearing his "outside gear" I need to say something.

He grazes past me...flesh to flesh...shivers...goosebumps

"Excuse me," he says smiling.
I smile - speak...speak...moment passed.

As I stand at my post, I quickly snatch my STUPID ribbon out my hair. "Hi, my name is Shelby. I am 16 years...no..no 18 years old. No...no boyfriend...I am not looking for anything serious (that's what older girl's say, right?)" I will giggle and smile...

By this time he is throwing ball with his boy...what if the ball comes my way? I will hold it out, so he has to take it from me - we will touch again.

Just then as though fate: He is running towards me. The ball is coming. He jumps up to get it (wow he is going to catch it from behind him)...we are face to face for a second...open YOUR MOUTH...so close..."my name is..." gross he...he doesn't have hair under his arms...

"What did you say?" he says, I feel his minty breath...

"You guys can't have outdoor clothes in the pool."

time-warps600x600.jpg time warp image by toemaetoe

BACK TO 2009:

It's totally normal...no expectation... for a guy to shave his underarms...but I LOVE hairy underarms and a little chest hair! Am I out-of-date? Should men "trim" EVERYTHING? is that an expectation?

Popular Posts