THE P-WORD!

Dear EDM,
Three months before I got married, I began my Birth control regimen with the pill. My ob/gyn put me on Yaz. Now I wasn't so great with the pill because I kept forgetting to take it so i switched to Nuvaring. Since then, I've noticed a couple of things; slight depression, low libido and just weird random mood swings. I'm always thinking negative thoughts and I can't seem to get excited about anything not even things that I normally would. Even when i'm happy, i can't seem to "get happy" if that makes sense, the emotion doesn't come - i just seem to remain even keel...not to mention the breast enlargement and the weight gain which piles onto my feeling bad all the time because I just don't recognize my body anymore! See I still sing the praises of Nuvaring because for me it was extremely convenient and these changes were a slow progression, my other friends on it don't have the same experience as I do. Also, I'm not sure if this is the long term effect of Yaz (cos these things are more like what i saw online that other women had experienced while they were on it) Have you been on birth control? which kind? Did you have any of these experiences or know someone who did?

I would love to hear from other women or anyone who have had similar experiences with BC.

sincerely,
slowly going insane

My RESPONSE:

It's funny, I tried two different birth controls and hated them (low and regular dosage)! Like really, I experienced the same things...I was incredibly emotional (like absolutely crazy) and didn't feel like doing "anything" a lot of the time....like nothing...but I would love to hear what others have to say, because I have some friends that would swear by birth control. I also just recently had a conversation with a woman that was ready to change to the ring...this seems to be a fairly hot topic that so many of us rarely talk about.

Please let us know your experience!!! You can even put a fake name, real name or anonymous, but would love to hear your thoughts!

Popular Posts