Real Reason Behind The Debate - Copy-cats

>


So, unfortunately I lost the results of the "Copycats: : Flattering or Just Plain Annoying" and I know there were a lot of people that voted on it; however as always, I still want to let y'all know why I asked:

I was watching the ATL Housewife season preview and on the preview Sheree was annoyed with Lisa, because Lisa is starting a fashion line (the episode just aired on Thursday); however coming into this episode there was constant chatter on many of the shows about what a copycat Lisa is and Sheree was ANNOYED.

Now, it's appropriate to mention that Sheree had a fashion show that didn't have any fashion and neither one of them sketch, pick out fabric (if she did Sheree would have known what her samples would look like before getting them) and neither of them sew. So pretty much, Sheree is mad at Lisa for putting her face on a clothing line, also.

Now mind you, I AM not a Lisa-fan (unlike every other person that watches the show); however I felt like Sheree was trippin' a little bit. Like dang, Lisa is just doing her...but then I started thinking about the fact that fashion is "Sheree's passion" (she even does the eye flare-up in her introduction proving she is a driven fashionista)

...and she is supposed to be the "fashionable" one and this is a little different then being a trendsetter....and I had this whole internal debate about copy-cats.

And I get the whole argument that we are all copying from someone and that's the beauty of competition - who can do it better? But isn't blatant 'copycatting' just plain ANNOYING sometimes?

Add Shelby Stone-Steel to the copy-catter list please...

Popular Posts