Went to Fahion Night Out last night...

And at first I didn't want to...so, my second experience with fashion week was a few years ago, when I was invited to one of those "exclusive' parties and I HATED every moment of it. I showed up in as my friend calls my style "casual chic" outfit (aka Target and self constructed everything) and thought that I would be able to just watch all the coolness from the outside; however one perk is that the people were really nice - "who is that, that you are wearing?", "you are so cute..." (that came from women that were towering over me but yet thinner than my pinky), and men asking to buy me a drink (from a "free" bar)...

BUT all in all, after the compliments were given, the smiles would lead to conversation and the conversation was incredibly awkward with me walking away every time questioning, "what did I just say? what just happened? man...I think I just embarrased myself." I vowed that I would not be able to go to another fashion week thing unless I was sitting silently in the stands watching a fashion show...

So this time, I just didn't want to go, but due to my new "side" position as the product manager for a new fashion line (details later, friends) and my cousin's persistance (her boyfriend works in the industry and expressed how much fun we would have), I went.

However I went in my normal casual chic style and this time even downplayed it I with some boho and librarian...I just didn't really care. But to my surprise yesterday was incredible! All I could get was blush and black/silver eye shadow (I never wear eye make-up but the night hit me) but I walked into Prada and enjoyed drinks, hors d'oeuvres, live music and - okay another thing, I didn't eat anything or drink anything...we went out to eat right before and I was quite full and everything about this crowd screamed "DON'T EAT ANYMORE" .

I didn't take pictures because I didn't have a camera on me and at the time it might seem "thirsty" ...but it was so much fun! As my cousin said and I completely agree, I don't think that I could be in this life all the time (although it is fabulous to watch)- meaning "the fab. expensive fashionable smooches" life, but for one night it was a blast!

Popular Posts